Bloomberg Media today announced the first round of speakers for its inaugural Bloomberg New Economy Gateway Africa conference, in partnership with the Kingdom of Morocco, that will be held in Marrakesh June 13-14.
Gateway Africa will explore a range of themes and topics bringing together leaders from the private and public sectors over the course of the two day program. From challenges to the global economy and rising food and energy prices, to potential solutions and opportunities from the African continent and beyond, New Economy Gateway Africa will focus on two core areas: Sustainability and Resilience.
“Through our New Economy events, we have created a global conversation around problem-solving, and we look forward to expanding it in Morocco,” said Michael R. Bloomberg, founder of Bloomberg. “This conference, our first in Africa, will assemble over 200 forward thinking leaders from across business and government, and Morocco’s regional leadership makes it the perfect choice to host.”
- Roberta Annan: Managing Partner, Impact Fund for African Creatives and ACP
- Akim Daouda: Chief Executive Officer, Gabonese Sovereign Wealth Fund
- Tony Fadell: Principal, Build Collective
- Eugenia Kargbo: Chief Heat Officer, City of Freetown, Sierra Leone
- Alfred F. Kelly Jr: Executive Chairman, Visa
- Florizelle Liser: President and Chief Executive Officer, Corporate Council on Africa
- Tshepo Mahloele: Executive Director, Harith General Partners
- Strive Masiyiwa: Founder and Executive Chairman, Econet Group
- Sara Menker: Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Gro Intelligence
- Wamkele Mene: Secretary General, AfCFTA
- Gregory Rockson: Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer, mPharma
- Lamia Tazi: Chief Executive, Sothema
- Robins Tchale-Watchou: Chief Executive Officer, Vivendi Sports
- Alain Ebobissé: Chief Executive Officer, Africa50
“Under the leadership of His Majesty King Mohammed VI, may God Assist Him, Morocco is now entering a new phase of development as an emerging strategic player in the region, thus establishing itself as an attractive platform for international investments”, Aziz Akhannouch, The Head of Government of Morocco said.
Instructively, New Economy Gateway Africa was announced in November 2022 at Bloomberg’s Annual Gateway Forum in Singapore.